Friday, May 15, 2009

Farewell to Class 6-6

Hmmm.. In a twinkle of eyes, 2 weeks is up! And I had taken Pri 6-6 for 16days! Almost a month liao.. Now I feel a little sad cos I am quite attached to my students liao. Despite them misbehaving in class, not listening to me, rude to me.. I still enjoy teaching them! Maybe thats because they are old enough to understand my jokes. hahahha

In fact I'd learnt a lot by teaching 6-6...

1) Class room management is very important. If you were to let loose right from the start, you will never get hold of them again. Need to be firm in class. Well, but for me.. After schools, we are friends, no longer teacher-student relationship.

2) I found my passion! The kind of satisfaction achieved is amazing when seeing students improved! When you see your students absorbed what you had taught them, and learning well, the kind of happiness achieved cant be described by words. I enjoyed teaching my class of monkeys! Maybe I should really consider teaching as a career (thats provided I find my soulmate first, if not I would never get one once I commit into teaching...hahaha)

3) And since I took Mrs Leong- Form Teacher of 6-6, I had plenty of admin stuffs to handle. Though quite fun, but super time consuming.. Keying in attendance, deal with forms etc etc. But at least these made me mentally prepared if i really want to be a teacher

Well, it's a good experience teaching P6-6. And now, I would say... I won't mind taking them again given an opportunity :) Well, I will be deployed again next week. I'M GOING TO BE A MUSIC TEACHER! As usual in SAPS. So it's time for me start practising and playing my piano. HAHA

No comments: